SRCDS Steam group

linux or windows ?
Im curious whats actualy better for a css server linux or windows ?
steamgames are optimized for windows.
[Image: banner.gif]

Hollanda Wrote:steamgames are optimized for windows.
i was running on mandriva then the cpu usage was like 5% when iddle.

I know have a stripted to bone version of xp and runs 0% when server idle.

not much of a diferens but its importent the usage
w2k3 is much more stable though.
[Image: banner.gif]

Windows for sure..
Join the Source Dedicated Server Support Group on Steam Community!
Source Dedicated Server (SRCDS)
Free to join, Live support! (When available)
Windows Stable, words not see togather much. I have a linux server and it runs fine. I would suggest not using fedora core. The easyest one to have i would thing to be ubuntu. I have never had server crash or had to restart the server. But, im a linux fan!!
Well, Fendora Core is a ok linux distro. But allthough it's not the most stable and it have had some cases on using more RAM than it has to. (mutch like windows Toungue ) I am running 3 Linux and 1 windows server at home. (2 of the linux servers are file server, and the windows one was.) What I have experienced is that in windows 2003, it starts eating your ram, I have been faced with afther 1-2 months windows had eaten 60% of my ram ( I have 2048) On my linux servers on the other hand, I have had them online for 136 Days, 96 Days and 469 Days, and they still havent began eating my ram. So personaly I perfer linux, But yet again, I am a linux fan aswell.

Deep into the darkness. Pearing long I stod there, wondering, fearing, doubting.
[Image: Noe%20som%20dette2.jpg]
i have a fedora5 x86-64 server and mem usage is only 175MB thats with http, ftp, teamspeak, and srcds running.-- kernel 2.6.15

oh also I have just started using this webmin tool for linux. It is very handy. Big plus for linux users.