SRCDS Steam group

Another server showing up as LAN even on this comp
Hey, I've been reading around and haven't been able to find anything thats helping me on this. I -just- downloaded my server, made the config, and started running it. It's showing up as a lan server, and the IP consists of .1.3 at the end in
"Network: IP, mode MP, dedicated Yes, ports 27016 SV /27006 CL"

Sorry if this is a nooby question or I just didn't look hard enough, but I couldn't find how to change the ports/whatever I'm supposed to do. I should be on a Linksys router unless I'm accidentally stealing off of my neighbors connection, which is possible. Thanks for the help.
Well first of all, you can change your port by adding -port 1234 to your parameter (in your boot line, example: srcds.exe -tickrate 66 -console -game cstrike +map de_dust +maxplayers 17 -port 27015) secondly you can find many greate tuts on how to forward your ports in the ruter on
Deep into the darkness. Pearing long I stod there, wondering, fearing, doubting.
[Image: Noe%20som%20dette2.jpg]
Don't think changing the port is going to do anything ATM simply because if I search for a lan game, it shows up, and if I search for an internet game with the map im running, it doesn't show on the list at all.

Are there some default settings I'm going to need to change? something_lan 0, or am I going to HAVE to forward my ports? I have no idea which ports to transfer. I don't even know how to find out if that computer is on my network or someone elses, don't know how to search for it.
read this Toungue that should explain everything you need to knw about forwarding ports, and what ports, and blah.
Thanks, portforward fixed all my problems. Works now, hoping it's not too poor running.

Do you think I can run a 100tick/16 slot or below on 1 gig of ram? I'm not using a box, just a computer that got replaced and my dad thought was broken. Is bandwidth going to be a problem?
Well, whats your upload speed???

you can run a 100tick/16 slots if you have a CPU better than 1GHz and a connection with upload capability of 1600kbit/s (200KB/s), this mihgt result in somewhat higher pings (overhead), best is to have 2Mbit/s
Join the Source Dedicated Server Support Group on Steam Community!
Source Dedicated Server (SRCDS)
Free to join, Live support! (When available)