sv_mincmdrate 67
sv_minrate 260000
sv_minupdaterate 67
sv_parallel_packentities 0
sv_parallel_sendsnapshot 0
sv_stats 0
sv_enableoldqueries 1
net_queued_packet_thread 1 

What do they do? I know the regular ones, but like, sv_parallel_packentities, forcepreload, and net_queued_packet_thread 1
net_splitpacket_maxrate 0. Could someone explain what they do in the technical term? E.g not they make your game smoother Smile

Edit: Just some random variables i found while searching pastebin :p

Edit2: Would they be useful lets say, for a TF2 server?

Edit3: I just tested them, major lag every 5 seconds or so. What command "fucks" it up?
The lag is probably caused from one of these two:

sv_maxrate 0
fps_max 0
It isn't. Server is hosted on a one gigabit connection. No way it could lag with the rates. Anyhow, any more responses from persons who know what the commands does and what I should use to get the best networking performance?

Edit: Does the sv_enableoldqueries open up exploits? :s
Honestly I would just do a google search for each cvar and see if someone explains what it does. Maybe on the SteamPowered forums as well? That would be my best recommendation. I know I did a Google search for the first cvar on the list net_queued_packet_thread and came across a Valve post.
Game Servers -- -- Use promocode "frag" for 15% off every month!
this is very simple: valve defaults are usually the right ones. so remove them all, only keep sv_maxcmdrate, sv_maxupdaterate and sv_maxrate.

if you still have lags then, make a fps-meter measurement and post the link here. (Linux Kernel HOWTO!)
Do not ask technical questions via PM!
Not in this case, I did get reduced amount of lag and choke spikes setting net_queued_packet_thread, net_queue_flush_interval to 1. Don't know if its placebo or not :p, but it did reduce the choke spikes a lot.

Edit: I failed. It didn't reduce anything lol.
(08-12-2011, 11:42 PM)Mike Wrote:  Edit: I failed. It didn't reduce anything lol.
as I said: don't play with stuff you did not fully understand Toungue chances are 99% that you make things only worse.

valve isn't stupid. their default values are very ideally for their engine. there is simply nothing which need to be adjusted. (Linux Kernel HOWTO!)
Do not ask technical questions via PM!