SRCDS Steam group

Can't find this info no matter where I look - Server Issues

I have scoured the net looking for answers, and forgive me if I haven't looked hard enough, I am compelled to post looking for information.

I've spent many years hosting a COD server, and some of the commands for that I can not find for TF2.

1) What is the command to rotate a map on the server console?

2) When my maps end, or reach 0:00, the match does not end, instead the game keeps playing with no winner and the clock stays at 0:00. Some times the map will end, hence problem #3.

3) When the server does occassionally end a map, it goes to change to the next map and then then I have the result as if I typed in the next map name manually, the server appears to hang telling me that a dll cannot be loaded. (I've seen threads about this) and I've made sure that my logs are turned off, and I've even run with VAC disabled (-insecure in the startup line) to no avail. The only way I can rotate the maps is to quit the server and restart it to load a new map.

Some other info about my setup. I run a server on a private LAN. The player load is only six people, never any more. I have a dedicated dual quad opteron with 16GB RAM per CPU that I'm going to setup later to go on the internet, once i get the kinks worked out on this little setup.

Server OS: Ubuntu 8.0.4 64-Bit (Hardy Heron) Desktop edition (not server OS)
P:rocessor: AMD Athlon 64 4000+ (2.4GHz) 1 Core
RAM: 1GB RAM (Maxed Out)
Computer: It's actually a Gateway MX7515 Laptop (workstation replacement)
Game: Team Fortress 2
Start Up Command: ./srcds_run -game tf -timeout 30 -autoupdate -tickrate 100 +map dm_biosphere_v3 +port 27015 +maxplayers 24
(Yes I'm running custom maps)
Admin Mods: none that I know of (stock installation)

command: wget
then ran updates 3 times to get all updates in place until it told me that everything was up to date.

(i edited out my hostname and password, these are normally populated)
(we also prefer to play dm maps and do single rounds)

hostname "" // this is your server name as shown in the server list
sv_password "" // your server password. a pair of double quotes means it is not set and anyone can join

//rcon settings
rcon_password "" // your rcon password to log into the dev rcon console or HLSW rcon console
sv_rcon_banpenalty 5 // Number of minutes to ban users who fail rcon authentication
sv_rcon_maxfailures 10 // Max number of times a user can fail rcon authentication before being banned

//cvars for balancing un-even teams
mp_autoteambalance 0 // 0 is off and 1 is on. if 1 then should be used in conjunction with the following 3 commands
mp_autoteambalance_delay 60 // Time (in seconds) after the teams become unbalanced to attempt to switch players
mp_autoteambalance_warning_delay 30 // Time (in seconds) after the teams become unbalanced to print a balance warning
mp_teams_unbalance_limit 2 // Teams are unbalanced when one team has this many more players than the other (0 disables)

//cvars for round and game times
mp_enableroundwaittime 0 // Enable or disable timers to wait between rounds. 0 is off 1 is on
mp_bonusroundtime 20 // Time after round win until round restarts (in seconds)
mp_restartround 20 // Time the current round will restart (in seconds)
mp_stalemate_timelimit 120 // Timelimit (in seconds) of the stalemate round
mp_timelimit 10 // game time per map in minutes

//cvars for win conditions
mp_maxrounds 1 // Max number of rounds to play before server changes maps
mp_winlimit 3 // Max number of rounds one team can win before a server changes maps

//client specific cvars
mp_forcecamera 0 // force dead clients to first person mode disabling freelook. 0 is off 1 is on
mp_allowspectators 1 // enable or disable spectators on the server. 0 is off 1 is on
mp_friendlyfire 0 // 0 is off and clients can do harm to team mates. 1 is on and players can kill or injure team mates
mp_footsteps 1 // footsteps on or off. 0 is off and 1 is on
sv_cheats 0 // allow cheats to be used by the client. 0 is off 1 is on
sv_timeout 300 // the amount of time in seconds that a client is booted for no input
sv_maxspeed 320 // the maximun speed a client can move at
sv_consistency 1 // Force clients to pass a consistency check for critical files before joining server. 0 is off 1 is on
decalfrequency 10 // the pause in seconds between a decal being sprayed

//cvars for communication
sv_voiceenable 1 // allow players to use a microphone. 0 is off 1 is on
sv_alltalk 0 // toggles whether both teams can hear each others voice comms or not. 0 is off 1 is on. recommend it being off
mp_chattime 10 // players can chat for this amount of time (in seconds) after a game is over

// start download cvars
sv_allowupload 1 // allow custom decals to be uploaded. 0 is off 1 is on
sv_allowdownload 1 // allow files to be downloaded from the server. 0 is off 1 is on
net_maxfilesize 15 // Max download file size. Default is 15
sv_downloadurl "" //redirect download location

//bandwidth rates/settings
sv_minrate 20000
sv_maxrate 30000
decalfrequency 10
sv_maxupdaterate 100
sv_minupdaterate 66
sv_mincmdrate 66
sv_maxcmdrate 100

//server logging
log off // enable or disable server logging. on is on off is off
sv_logbans 0 // Log server bans in the server logs
sv_logecho 1 // Echo log information to the console. 0 is off 1 is on
sv_logfile 0 // Log server information in the log file. 0 is off 1 is on
sv_log_onefile 0 // log everything in one file

//cvars for general operation
sv_lan 1 // is this an internet or LAN server. 0 is internet 1 is LAN
sv_region 1 // server location. -1 is the world, 0 is USA east coast, 1 is USA west coast, 2 south america, 3 europe, 4 asia, 5 australia, 6 middle east, 7 africa
sv_contact // contact email for sysop
sv_pausable 0 // enables or disables whether the server can be paused. 0 is off 1 is on
sv_pure 0 // forces all clients on the server to use content that matches what is on the server. 0 is off 1 is on
sv_pure_kick_clients 0 // kicks clients that do not have content that matches what is on the server

mapcyclefile "mapcycle.txt"

//execute ban files
exec banned_user.cfg
exec banned_ip.cfg

Any help is appreciated. I am a noob to TF2 servers, I'm not a noob to hosting other games on servers.

As an update, I was on a server the other day that had the exact same problem, when the map ended, it just kept running. Never tallied the results, never restarted or moved to next map. So I know I'm not the only one experiencing this problem

But seriously, no one in a week's time can help even troubleshoot this?
to change the map you can use the changelevel command. the other problems I don't know (I don't run a TF2 server). but maybe you should try installing the server on your own instead of downloading it from some obscure sources... see here: (Linux Kernel HOWTO!)
Do not ask technical questions via PM!