SRCDS Steam group

TF2 server cannot connect over internet
I'm trying to set up a TF2 server for a group. The server is installed and running on a Linux machine and I can connect to it via the LAN tab, but the public IP is not working. I have sv_lan set to 0 and I have all the ports 3478-4380 and 27000-27050 forwarded to the correct local IP, but still can't connect to it, even using "connect <my-ip>:27015" in the developer console. The same PC is hosting a Minecraft server on port 25565 and that is working fine publicly, so I don't think my ISP is involved here. I have no idea what else to try.
If it's only people on the same LAN that can connect, then the problem is almost definitely to do with the server's firewall or, more likely, the router that your friend is using.

In the first case, it may be that the firewall is configured to accept connections from computers on the same subnet (i.e. on the LAN), but block connections coming from computers outside the subnet. Set the firewall permissions on the server, and you're set.

In the second case, it's likely that the ports used by the server aren't being forwarded by the router. The router doesn't know what to do with incoming connections that weren't initiated by one of the computers on the LAN, and the TF2 server might not be smart enough to tell the router that it's listening on port 270xx. Forward the required ports using the router (web) configuration tool, and you should be good to go.
Please just let me go small kitchens designs