SRCDS Steam group

Odd error massage
Hi, I'm new to linux and I need some help.

I just finished installing srcds on my DSL box and forwarding all the port. But I get this odd error that I don't know how to fix.

dsl@box:~$ cd /home/dsl/srcds_1
dsl@box:~/srcds_1$ ./srcds_run -console -game cstrike +maxplayer 16 +map cs_italy
Auto detecting CPU
Using SSE2 Optimised binary.
Server will auto-restart if there is a crash.
AppFramework : Unable to load module bin/!
Unable to load interface VEngineCvar003 from bin/engine_i686.soTue Aug  5 02:13:01 EDT 2008: Server Quit

Can anyone help me?
Cmon someone has to have had this error >.<

Should I reinstall srcds or pick a different distro?

DSL (Damn Small Linux) uses kernel 2.4.31 and is based off Knoppix.
The computer has a P4 2.20Ghz CPU and 754mb ram.

If I need a different distro what would you recommend? I want something very lightweight. The lighter the better. I'm open to BSD, but I've had problems booting it graphically on this computer (damn shitty integrated graphics cards).
Please someone give me some advice. I need help!! Does anyone know what I should do next? Do you guys just hate me or something?
DSL has a very very very very very minimal kernel. You should try a more full-featured distro because DSL is made for a desktop environment, and a very skimpy one at that. It doesn't have the kernel module the server seems to need. The error is about just that: it can't find the kernel module. You can look it up if you like.
Big Grin thank you!!

I'll try Ubuntu server