SRCDS Steam group

Clean install reboots on player join
Hello. I really hope you can help me. As of yesterday (7/2) my servers were working perfectly fine. I woke up today to fine out that anytime someone joins the server, the server crashes and reboots. I haven't been able to find any evidence of any updates happening last night. It's quite possible we didn't get the updates from 7/1 until our reboot last night.

The first step I took was to disable all plugins. This did not help.

I decided to take off -autoupdate and add -debug to the start line. All the debug does is say:
CRASH: Sun Jul 3 20:01:19 GMT 2011
Start Line: ./srcds_linux -console -game cstrike -port 27015 +ip 184.106.***.*** +map de_dust2 +maxplayers 26 -debug
End of Source crash report

for every crash that happens. Not very helpful.

Next step was to update the server. We are running Gentoo Linux. Our current kernel is We did not update the kernel, but we did run updates on the server and rebooted. None of which had the desired effect.

Lastly, I make a temp folder and downloaded a fresh install of scrds. Completely clean install and starting with the line:

Quote:./srcds_linux -console -game cstrike -port 27015 +ip 184.106.***.*** +map de_dust2 +maxplayers 26 -debug

At this point I tried the server 3 different times. First 2 times, reboot before I could join. 3rd time. I got in, bought a weapon and started walking. First step I crashed.

Thank you for reading. I hope you guys can help me. Thanks in advance. Smile
Alright I figured this out thanks to a post in this thread:

Thank you Gog5 for helping figure this out.