SRCDS Steam group

Garrysmod Server
Now, I've been having some trouble with this. Altogether not getting very far.

My story begins at the default SRCDS install page. Everything goes well until... I get an error at about step two. So I run HldsUpdateToolNew, it starts up 'Checking Bootstrapper Version ...' 'Getting Version 44 of Steam HLDS Updatetool' 'Downloading. . . . . . . .' Than at this next part it closes down in a flash, it took like 15 minutes trying to see what it said. "unable to open HldsUpdateToolNew.exe for writing (error = 13)". I've downloaded it all gravy but I can't open up HldsUpdateTool to put in my commands to 'download' all of my Garrysmod information for the server to run off of. So this is where I'm stuck...How can I open this here HldsUpdateTool without it closing the second I open it? And preferably without errors...

It'd be nice to Speak to a human being rather than reading text; it'd get my problem fixed faster. I'm pretty sure everyone on here would have steam so... My steam is "Camyo the Duke Himself" . Thank you! In waiting for reply I will scrounge the interwebs for further information. Thank you for reading.

Processor: AMD Phenom 1035T 2.63 Ghz x6
Game: Garrysmod
You must install HldsUpdateTool.exe to a different location than where it was executed.
Could you emphasize on that?
In a Windows envoirment you are not allowed to overwrite a file in use Smile
Alright, now specify what that means... Lol Big Grin
(02-02-2011, 03:37 AM)Camyo Wrote:  Alright, now specify what that means... Lol Big Grin

When you run the tool from, you get a nice little file called HldsUpdateTool.exe. When you execute that file you will get through an installment wizard and at some point, it will ask you to choice a path where it should install itself too. Your problem occurs when you select the same path, as where you have saved the tool from SteamPowered, as the wizard extracts a file named extractly the same. Therefore the installation path cannot be the same. Try choosing a different path.