SRCDS Steam group

Suboptimal performance
I have an Ubuntu 10.04 32-bit system running 1GB of RAM and an Athlon 64 3700+.

I've attempted to run a game server from this machine, and performance is suboptimal at best, even when I'm the only one in there (this is the only scenario I was able to test.) Here is the speedtest result:

[Image: 1082939365.png]

I adjusted the tickrate to 66 when launching. The rest of my settings are as follows:

sv_maxupdaterate 100
sv_minupdaterate 20
sv_maxrate 6553.6

The CPU or RAM never seem to top out according to the system monitor. Given the speedtest results, this doesn't make too much sense. Is there a setting I have incorrect?
a lot of information missing to help you...

sv_maxrate is too low though, use 30000 at least. sv_maxupdaterate makes no sense on tick 66. which game do you run? cs:s is limited to tick 66 now... (Linux Kernel HOWTO!)
Do not ask technical questions via PM!
Ah, of course. I'm attempting to host the Sears Tower map in Half-Life 2 Deathmatch. All ports are forwarded correctly and the server shows up in the list...there's just rather slight yet very annoying lag. I'm plugged into a WRT54G.

The startup command I'm using is ./srcds_run -console -game hl2mp -tickrate 66 -ip 192.168.1.(my machine) -port 27015 -maxplayers 7 +map dm_SearsTower_v2
How many slots are you hosting?
do you host the server at home? does it also lag if you connect directly via LAN? are the server fps stable (maybe you can try making a fps-meter measurement)?

@realchamp: maxplayers 7 in his starup line, but it lags when he is alone already ;-) (Linux Kernel HOWTO!)
Do not ask technical questions via PM!
You shall set maxrate higher. Your internet connection should be capable of holding 7 players with rate at 30000.
As Behaartes said too Big Grin