SRCDS Steam group

CSS Server crashing on startup (Fixed)
Hey, well I've been getting this problem with my CSS server, when trying to start it, it just core dumps half way through start up with this
[S_API FAIL] SteamAPI_Init() failed; unable to update local steamclient.dll. Continuing with current version anyway.
./srcds_run: line 348:  5588 Segmentation fault      (core dumped) $HL_CMD
cat: No such file or directory
email debug.log to
Sat Oct  2 12:13:04 BST 2010: Server restart in 10 seconds
Output of debug.log
CRASH: Sat Oct  2 12:13:21 BST 2010
Start Line: ./srcds_linux -console -game cstrike +map de_dust2 -ip -port 27015 +maxplayers 32 -autoupdate -debug
End of Source crash report

Start script:
echo "Starting CSS"
sleep 1
screen -A -m -d -S css ./srcds_run -console -game cstrike +map de_dust2 -ip -port 27015 +maxplayers 32 -autoupdate -debug
I also get the same problem with a Garrys Mod server I have running on the same machine, and even a fresh install of srcds in another directory.

If I use the ./srcds_linux command, I get this error
Failed to open ( cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)

Server OS: Fedora 8 64bit
Processor: Intel® Xeon® CPU E5520 @ 2.27GHz
RAM: 512mb, so, 0.512gb
Currently running Sourcemod, Meta mod and a Zombie Riot plugin.

used the following command to install:
./steam -command update -game "Counter-strike Source" -dir . -verify_all

the problem just randomly started happening and I don't remember doing/changing anything before hand that could have caused this.

Any Help Greatly appreciated Smile

The recent CSS update may have broke your css server. Disable all your addons, see if the server runs. If it does, add each addon back one at a time to rule out the problem. Hope this helps ...
sourcemod might be the problem. use the latest snapshot version, that worked for me. (Linux Kernel HOWTO!)
Do not ask technical questions via PM!
Hey, Thanks for the replies, managed to get it going again by re-downloading a new copy of some of the files in the orangebox folder.