SRCDS Steam group

CS: S server cd
Why not make a free linux gaming ISO with all config needed?
(From norway, eng is bad, hope you understand)
I think hes asking for something that is compiled and ready to go, and requires almost no configuration.
Looking for a game server? Visit and pick one up as low as $2.50 / mo!
if that would be so easy... :-) there are just too many possibilities and no canonical (sorry Toungue) way to solve all problems... (Linux Kernel HOWTO!)
Do not ask technical questions via PM!
hahaha nice kakt_us, do you have problems ? I can help you (norsk btw) ^^
[Image: 1157583142.png]
Sounds like a good idea, but i would be worried about updates Smile i think that the cd/dvd's would be outdated pretty quick
Slå den med jeres fiberforbindelser...

[Image: 1308107839.png]
Another problem, is plugins and configs get updated allot, especially league configs and zblock.
Thats easy actually. I will make one if you guys want me too. I can have it setup through Suse Studio. What do you guys think? Like a Iso ready to go and install when your server boots up from the start? Or even a live CD?
as I tried to point out, it is not possible to create one optimal system to run on any hardware. many optimizations have to be hardware specific, e.g. the kernel version runs best on older systems but will fail to boot on newer ones (because it's too old for newer chipsets).

basically this would mean creating a whole new linux distribution (maybe based on some other, but most distros are based on others). the effort is quite high, I doubt it will pay off. also maintenance will be time consuming. we would need a lot of test hardware (i.e. non-productive root servers; nobody will want to use their running server to try installing the distro every once in a while, the donetime would simply be to big), and a lot of maintainers. we don't have both... (Linux Kernel HOWTO!)
Do not ask technical questions via PM!