SRCDS Steam group

Change "game"
Does anyone here happen to know how to change the "game" of Half-Life 2: Deathmatch? To change it from "Deathmatch" or "Team Deathmatch" in the steam servers list, to something like "Roleplay", "Puzzles", or "Co-Op". Please notify me if you have a way of doing this rather than editing server.dll and

Thank You.
Wouldn't this lead to a server, nobody can connect to? AFAIK the client read the "game" and does not connect, if it is not matching it's own... (Linux Kernel HOWTO!)
Do not ask technical questions via PM!
No, it's just a different name listing.
There are probably SM plugins for this.
~ Mooga ...w00t? - on Twitter
[Image: 76561197965445574.png]
Please do not PM me for server related help
fqdn Wrote:if you've seen the any of the matrix movies, a game server is not all that different. it runs a version of the game that handles the entire world for each client connected. that's the 2 sentence explanation.
It would be a custom tag that you have in the server list and then you'd just replace the maps--although the 'game' would be different, it would be listed as Team Deathmatch or Deathmatch.
Download My Dedicated Server Installer! - Click Here
Did I help? 'Reputation' Me! - Click Here
I believe you guys are missing the point. I want to change the game description. Like Nick's Cheat server, or the Phoneburnia's, or like the MGO coop servers. I was told about editing the file, no luck.
You can't edit that file. Or you can but I won't believe the manufactor/developer will give out the source code to you.