SRCDS Steam group

Server lag on connection
Here is my problem. The server runs with no lag except when someone connects or retries. Is there a solution to this problem or at least do you know what is causing it?
Thanks in advance.
[Image: srcds-read-me.jpg]
~ Mooga ...w00t? - on Twitter
[Image: 76561197965445574.png]
Please do not PM me for server related help
fqdn Wrote:if you've seen the any of the matrix movies, a game server is not all that different. it runs a version of the game that handles the entire world for each client connected. that's the 2 sentence explanation.
Please include more info like the read me says, so we can help you better and faster
Sure thing, Ill start with the cpu specs.
Quad core 6600
20mb/s upload

Sourcemod(teambalancer, customvotes, sourceban, sodstats, teambets, afk manager)
Eventscripts(bombtimer, detocs, tag script, high ping killer, warcraft source)

Its a 18 slot server with 66 tickrate. My rates are these:
Quote:sv_maxupdaterate 66
sv_minupdaterate 66
sv_maxcmdrate 66
sv_mincmdrate 66
sv_maxrate 20000
sv_minrate 20000
fps_max 600
sv_unlag 1
sv_maxunlag 1
minupdaterate 45
min cmdrate 45
maxrate 25000
minrate 10000

try those and show us what your bandwith is really at
[Image: 3386928252.png]
I did the settings. Here is my bandwidth test:

Latest from my home town(Sofia, Bulgaria):
[Image: 463974198.png]

My best result:
[Image: 429915950.png]

Pinging London:
[Image: 463975131.png]

Pinging Bursa:
[Image: 463976137.png]
Those are some good speeds! Are you hosting the server at home or on a co-location? How many gameservers are you hosting on the box?
It on a pc at home, at the moment I'm hosting only 1 server.
Since the little lag only appears when someone connects, I think 3 addons could cause it - sourcebans, detocs(not sure) or warcraft source because all of them have user databases.
well the hardware and bandwith are perfectly fine so this is what you should do take off each mod one by one untill the lag stops
[Image: 3386928252.png]
Seems like your internet speed varies though... try taking out detox and use kigens anti cheat for sourcemod.
[Image: b_350x20_C002748-004880-FFFFFF-000000.png]
My first guess for cause of lag would be the installed plugins (like everybody else said). I'd try the server without any plugins to confirm it.

Another option:

Could it be that you have sv_downloadurl set for high-speed downloads, but then when players connect your server they saturate the bandwidth momentarily by downloading custom sounds / materials / maps? If you don't have sv_downloadurl set, then the in-game download speed (which is said to be at maximum the sv_maxrate speed) doesn't most likely saturate the bandwidth.
Its ok now. What I did was change the rates and lower the server slots to 16 rather than 18.