SRCDS Steam group

Stable FPS?
so is there any way to get FPS more stable? mine goes up n down too much.. :/ one sec i got 600 then i got 90 the next :/
[Image: 461031727.png]

I don't think there is. because mine behaves the same way. I think when you run fps_max 500 or w/e you aren't locking the fps at 500 you are just allowing it to go that high. So it will flex a lot, I don't know thats just how I see it.
Lock your player slots at +/- 10 players =)
[Image: banner.gif]

what do you mean lock them at +/- ? my server is 12 slots

With 12 slots you should be able to keep a very nice stable 500 (server) fps, if you have the right hardware + network connection.

Also don't use any (admin) mods.

ok these are my specs..

Athlon 4800+ X2 2.4Ghz
2Gig Ram
Upload : 3000 kbps

Rates are these: Its a 100 tick server w/ fps_max 1500

sv_minrate 10500
sv_maxrate 30000
sv_maxupdaterate 101
sv_minupdaterate 66
sv_unlag 1

any suggestions as to what might fine tune the server?
i AM currently runnin mani tho. is there a significant difference in how smooth the server runs with admin mods or is it not worth NOT havin mani?

there is indeed a big difference if you run mods or a clean server.
You can really notice it, I prefer modless servers because they run very smooth.
Join the Source Dedicated Server Support Group on Steam Community!
Source Dedicated Server (SRCDS)
Free to join, Live support! (When available)
You play at the same computer as you host the game? Make sure srcds.exe is on core 1 and hl2.exe on core 0.

Also 3 mbit upload sounds strange, you don't mean 30 kb/s upload?

Quote:sv_maxrate 25000
sv_maxupdaterate 120
fps_max 600 (can't get any higher under windows, so higher is useless).

no i dont mean 30 kb/s  lol i wuld be able to run a 1 man server on that... i mean 3000kbps or roughly 450KB..also.. the srcds.exe in on core 0 and 1...should i leave it on both cores or put it just on 1?

btw i put in fps_max 1500 and im gettin higher fps tho.. it goes up to 800 and such.. for me...

Hollanda Wrote:You play at the same computer as you host the game? Make sure srcds.exe is on core 1 and hl2.exe on core 0.